Monday, January 14, 2008

I Just Want My Pants Back 5B

In the recent parts of the book that I have been reading, Jason has become increasingly more friendly with his neighbor Patty. Patty is an older woman who has an apartment just across the hall from Jason. They have started to talk more, and even hang out, go out for some drinks and stuff. "Patty excused herself to go to the bathroom and I chipped away at my beer. I wondered if people might think i was out boozing with my mom." (page 127). However, Patty seems pretty cool so far, and Jason seems to really like her. I think that it is definitely good for Jason to have some sort of older figure that he can somewhat look up to or that can at least help him to make smarter decisions in his life. "Well, he knows I know Robert. But it's all in the tone of voice. It's the same with dogs. You have to talk to them like you're their master, that's the key. You don't ask them to sit- you tell them." (page 126).

No comments: