Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Always Running #10

Ahh, the last outside reading blog post... I guess it's been a good run though, huh?

Anywho, I guess I'll get to it.

To be completely honest with you all, with all my previous posts, I already knew what was going to happen. I am the kind of person that doesn't do well when I try to read slow and stop all the time to do things on the book. I need to read it straight through and then do things on it. So, in order for me to do all my blog posts, this wonderful memoir, "Always Running; La Vida Loca: Gang Days in L.A." by Luis Rodriguez, has been read by yours truly four times.

And it got better each time.

Throughout the book, Rodriguez unravels tales of hardship, violence, and human life at its very worst. Even with some extremely brutal subject matter, he manages to tell his story with a tranquil but troublesome tone. Not only is it a great memoir to read, but it teaches very important lessons. Most people don't even realize how terrible some people are almost forced to live. Gangs, drugs, and violence tears peoples' lives apart. And all of it may be hard to avoid when you grow up in tough neighborhoods, but it is definitely not the right path to go down.

With wonderful voice, a great story, and very important lessons, "Always Running" is a must read. I strongly suggest that you read it. If you happen to be someone who knows me, I would be more than happy to lend it to you. Just ask. : )

Well, that just about wraps it up here. So, until next time...


I is out fo sho bro

heehee bye.

JPN

1 comment:

ADELE'S SHOCKALOCKIN BLOG!!! said...

Hey john, love the pic (left hand corner) hoe did you do it?!!! Anywho, your book sounds really cool!!!! Also you should come and watch the tennis team play a state tomrrow!!!! Its at 10 am, ya you get to miss school ( it's a great excuse!!) and cheer us on well, pass on the message!!!
Adele!!!