Sunday, November 18, 2007

I Just Want My Pants Back 1B

I am reading the book, "I Just Want My Pants Back," by David J. Rosen. So far, it has been one of the funniest and absolutely true books I have ever read. There are comments that totally characterize a guy's thoughts. (please excuse the slightly explicit content ms. tholen) "I didn't want a a girlfriend, not really, at least not right away. But I could have used a functional va***a. It had been a while since I'd had access to one of those, and my p***s kept reminding me how accommodating they could be." (page 1). I rarely laugh out loud when reading a book, I mean, I often smile, or laugh in my head, but this is the first time in SO long that I have actually full out laughed at a book. I mean, it is quite raunchy subject matter, but it's totally what goes through a guy's head, but nobody actually goes out and says it. I guarantee that even if they don't admit it, this exact thought has popped in every guy's head at least once in the last month or so. Well, the main character, Jason Strider, is a guy who graduated from an Ivy League college with an English degree, and now lives in Greenwich Village, and has no idea what he wants to do with his life. I like that, because that is nearly exactly where I see myself in 7 or 8 years. So... hopefully this book stays as funny as it is so far. OUT.

No comments: