Thursday, November 22, 2007

I Just Want My Pants Back 1A

Vocab: "souvlaki" = (page 22) = noun = a dish similar to shish kebab made with lamb

"yarmulke" = (page 20) = noun = a skullcap worn, esp. during prayer and religious study, by Jewish males, esp. those adhering to Orthodox or Conservative tradition


"... so dance like a piece of fruit would dance, I guess." (page 21) = personification, because pieces of fruit don't dance.

"The problem with being me was that somehow my dick had acquired the argumentative skills of a debate team captain." (2) = personification, because his dick doesn't actually have arguementative skills, it's not a person.

"In fact, if adults were some kind of exotic animal species, New York City was their African veldt." (15) = simile, because it uses "if" and is comparing adults to something else.


"But when I came back, I didn't see the point in shaving every day and working long hours at something I wasn't sure I wanted to be doing." (13) This shows a trend that is starting to form that Jason is kind of a slacker, and doesn't know what he wants to do with his life.

One theme that is emerging is to have fun in life, because although his job situation is sticky, Jason still has plenty of fun with his free time and friends.

No comments: