Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I Just Want My Pants Back 2B

In the last section of my book, it became more clear that the main character, Jason, is what many people might call a slacker, but at the same time quite adventurous. I try to think of myself in his same position, as a mid twenties young guy living in Greenwich Village in New York City, out of college, not knowing what I want to do with my life. I have a job that pays the bills, but I hate it, so every night I go out and party with my friends, going to various bars around the city, hoping to maybe hook up with some hot girl that I may meet. Obviously, being the angel that I actually am (wink wink), I personally would never even think of touching a drop of liqueur, and definitely not take drugs. (Isn't that right Ms. Tholen). No but seriously, I can understand his position. With school, which I can relate to his job that he doesn't really enjoy, but really has to go, the week becomes dull. So, after no excitement for so long, I would feel the need to make it up by doing something really fun on the weekend. In Jason's case, this is partying almost every night, hopefully bringing back a girl to his apartment, ordering take out, and hopefully "not involving with any sort of sexual intercourse whatsoever" (hint of sarcasm).

No comments: