Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I Just Want My Pants Back 3A

vocab: -minx = A girl or young woman who is considered pert, flirtatious, or impudent. (69)
-vestigial = Occurring or persisting as a rudimentary or degenerate structure. (71)

fig. lang.= -"People gathered around us, curious. The tide had turned." (71) = metaphor because it is relating the turning of the tides to the situation of people and events.
-"It was going to be all lollipops and rainbows from her on out." (77) = irony because it most likely will only get worse seeing as he will have to go to work hung over the next morning.
-"I made my way inside, figuring I could hang out with the minxes. Perhaps I might even collect my bounty from one." (72) = Irony because in a couple pages he finds out they both have boyfriends.

"I was always preparing myself to say my own name and I forgot all about remembering theirs." (75). This is significant because it shows how Jason is kind of selfish and a little bit shallow.

One emerging theme in the book is how Jason is getting more and more selfish, which could effect his whole life and the lives of people close to him.

No comments: