Sunday, September 16, 2007

This I Believe

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4544547

"A Game of Cards"
Norman Cousins

"This I believe; that man today has all the resources to shatter his fears and go on to the greatest golden age in history, an age which will provide the conditions for human growth and for the development of the good that resides within man, whether in his individual or his collective being. And he has only to mobilize his rational intelligence and his conscience to put these resources to work."


I personally liked Norman Cousins' philosophy on man; that man is both good and evil, and a person must choose the traits in them that brings out the good. I often hear that nobody is a bad person, people just do bad things, but I have always disagreed. People have good and bad things about them, and how they choose to use the good things makes them what they are.

No comments: